Build vibrant communities
BGC Advantage partners with non-profit and for-profit entities to acquire, create, and rehabilitate affordable and market-rate housing communities.
build vibrant communities
Purposeful | Profitable | Sustainable
Knight Development partners with non-profit and for-profit entities to acquire, create, and rehabilitate affordable and market-rate housing communities.
develop more than real estate
With the goal of stability and self-sufficiency, Knight Development specializes in transformative development where the finished product enhances not only the physical condition of the property but also the long-term outlook for its residents.
Developer | Consultant | Partner
Leveraging extensive leadership experience working at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and various Public Housing Authorities (PHAs), Knight Development is uniquely qualified to guide and train PHAs in their efforts to develop, preserve, and manage their assets through RAD, repositioning and voluntary conversion.
Develop market rate and affordable housing using:
- HUD and FHA loan programs
- Tax Credit Equity, FHLB and HOME Funds
- Community and regional bank financing
- Tax Exempt bond finance
Acquire, re-develop or preserve aging public housing using:
- HUD’s RAD program
- Project-based vouchers
- PHA capital funds
- Operating funds and reserves
- Rural development programs
Enhance communities with commercial development of:
- Single-family subdivisions or condominiums
- Mixed use of commercial and residential property
- Office parks and office condominiums
Your RAD Resource
Did you know that RAD unit cap has been increased to 455,000 units? Knight Development is uniquely positioned to help you capitalize on this opportunity with experience in 4%, 9%, Debt only, and PHA funds.
- Over 15,000 units in process
- Over 25 active PHA and Non-profit clients
HUD Technical Assistance Contract, Trade Organizations, State HFA, NAHRO
Training, Compliance, Risk Management, Annual Portfolio Review, Insurance
What makes Knight Development different?
WHY KNIGHT DEVELOPMENT?
Collectively we have:
- Leveraged over $600 million in development funding sources in just 4 years.
- Assisted 30 public housing authorities with RAD conversions.
- Our partners have built multiple community developments (i.e. prisons, malls, offices).
- Continued development of purposeful and profitable residential communities.
- Generated millions in shared development fees that were reinvested into our partner organizations.
We build our projects around the people they serve, and we offer comprehensive tenant relations and resident services:
- Section 3 outreach
- Resident RAD Training
- Design Input meetings
- Special activities (i.e. landscaping day)
- Job assistance and minority contractor outreach
- Amenity centered design
- Temporary relocation planning and assistance
- Transfer and relocation meetings
Training and Speaking
CEO Holly Knight is a HUD RAD subject matter expert and a trusted technical advisor for numerous state, regional, and national housing associations, including, MAHRO, ALCARH, Al Association of Housing, MS Home Corporation, LA Housing Council, SERC, and NAHRO. She and her team are available for small and large group training and speaking events on a variety of topics, including RAD and mixed finance.
Let’s build something
With offices in Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Alabama, and Arkansas, the Knight Development portfolio includes more than 100 residential communities and more than 4,000 units of affordable housing in ten states. We have the capacity to deliver best and highest use, self-sufficiency, and vitality in any market across the United States.